Friday, August 25, 2006

Food for Thought...

Why, in the height of August, was the number 56 bus pumping out hot air much to the distress of its passengers last night? I was sat adjacent to the heating outlet and couldn't believe what a roasting my leg was receiving. So unhappy with the situation I jumped off the bus - literally* - and decided to walk the rest of my journey.

What I discovered when I got home was gum all down my trouser leg. It had clearly been softened by the warm air and taken a liking to my pantaloons.

I hate gum. I hate watching people chew gum. I hate the smell of gum. I hate people who chew gum. I hate the number 56 for having the heating on and making the gum soft.

My trousers are now in the freezer making opposite of the warm gum situation. The number 56 has gone off head hung in shame.


*obviously not literally literally, that would have been a very dangerous and impratical way of alighting the bus

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

delayed reaction but I HATE gum chewing. It makes me nuts. Chomping, cracking... it could push me over the edge of sanity. Why... I really don't know. I'll blame it on my father who hated gum popping but is now 'over it'. Well, thanks. I can't even concentrate when I hear it. So inconsiderate of others around.

Sigh. Thanks. that was therapeutic.

11:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home